Thursday, February 24, 2011

Makin' some Magic!

yes, you've seen these pictures before...

A short while ago I shared a super simple layout with you that I made to include in my son's birthday book. This is the layout I did for my album with the same photos. I had more space to work with (2 pages instead of 1), as well as one larger size photo and I knew I wanted simple but still special. So I chose a fun, interactive layout pattern from Jeanette Lynton's book 'Magic' (which I slightly altered to fit my needs).
The layouts in the book all have some kind of interactive element included on the page but the pages can also be made without the interactive elements. I love the flexibility this offers!

Here, I chose to include the interactive flap on the left side of the layout. I really had fun combining papers from the Magnifique paper pack and the new Sweetheart paper pack. I love, love the black/gray polka dot paper from Sweetheart - it's fabulous!!

I also love that I was able to find Liquid Pearls in exactly the right color. It really boosts my title on the black tiles.










Underneath the flap I hid a vellum quote and my message to him - he's a miracle!






















I had to add a few of the new style buttons from CTMH. These are just so pretty! They are a lovely variety of color, shape, and pattern - a perfect addition.












Finally - what a cutie! He has a wonderful smile and such a sensitive, warm heart... I hope he always stays that way!




Layout #7 in the books!

No comments: