Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The first peek

...into my scrapping weekend.

I think that the Winter Crop House might just be my favorite weekend of the year!!! It's a weekend crop, but it starts a day earlier than most. (translation: more fun scrapping time!) It also is less expensive than most and smaller. It's just 10 of us cozied up in a big house for the weekend. I like the personal atmosphere and I'm extremely lucky to have an incredible group of ladies. Now, I'll be the first to admit that I love the energy and fun of a large crop and they can definitely offer perks (like classes) that the Crop House doesn't, but there's nothing like the Crop House for relaxing!

Here's a little taste of the work I got done this weekend:

I did quite a number of pages with pictures from 2007...mostly because I was trying to clean up some strays from my 'photos in progress' box.

I really enjoyed working on this page. The pictures crack me up every time I look at them so I wanted to make sure to get them in an album. I love the way the layout of the photos turned out. The more I use the CTMH how-to program books, the better I get at doing color combos and photo placement on my own. This page was completely my own creation. I even used papers from two different packs: the large flower pattern is from Grace and the tan dot pattern is from Bella.
I also had fun creating the arrows. I took two chipboard arrows, inked them, then added a thick layer of Liquid Glass. It gave me just the effect I wanted and highlighted the main theme of the page.

If you like this, stay tuned for some more examples of the pages I got done this past weekend! I was a little worker bee (yes, even in the midst of my relaxing!)

No comments: