Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Party Project

Oh, my dear blog...how neglected you are!
Friends, I am not kidding when I tell you that I think my little guy doesn't want me to work on this blog right now. Every time I think "Oh, I have 20 minutes until he's due to wake up or eat", I sit down to write a post and no sooner do I pop open my laptop...then he wakes up! Little rascal! But such is life with an infant around!
 He a precious little bundle though. Here's proof:

We love him bunches and bunches!!

 In the midst of the newborn chaos, I have managed to do a little creating. It is necessary breathing room for my soul! I have been working on a project for a friend and I've had to do it step by step in a similar manner to the way I created Little Brother's baby announcements. Oh, that reminds me, I've actually been working on finishing up Baby Brother's announcements too...so, that's two projects I've been working on! I'll have to share those soon.
 But for now, I'm going to show you these cute party invitations I've made:

These are for the 1st birthday party for a friend's daughter. In fact, it's the same little girl that I created this for about a year ago! I had fun using some supplies that I don't normally reach for - pink brads and that adorable pink pom-pom ribbon, for instance! And I used Close To My Heart's Roxie paper for this invitation. It's one I've never been hugely fond of, but this proves to me that almost any paper can look great - you just have to find the right color combo and/or use for it. Love that pom-pom ribbon? You can find it here along with some beautiful rose ribbon and crocheted ribbon too! Ribbons like this make me wish just a little bit that I had a girl to scrapbook! But, I'm a boy-mama all the way!
 I'll be back soon to show you those announcements...if baby lets me.
Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Pretty invitations! Baby Brother looks full of mischief!
Alison xx