Thursday, September 22, 2011

Starting Point

As I do about once a month, I had some friends over for a scrapping night last weekend. I had spent a rather indulgent Saturday morning catching up on some of my favorite blogs and Shimelle had just posted her Saturday Starting Point.  I decided to try it out with a couple of older photos. They had been sitting around awhile because I hadn't quite figured out what I wanted to do with them. The colors were bland, the background a bit boring...perfect material for a Saturday scrapbooking experiment!
 This was quite fun! I enjoyed having a template to start from that was a bit different than the way I usually scrap. It's nice to push my boundaries a little bit. And, talk about "Mixing it Up"... I think I used scraps from 6 different paper collections as well as some last-of-the-package embellishments that had been sitting around. Gotta love using things up! Have you used anything up recently?

2 comments:

Alison said...

I'm enjoying 'Starting Point' too..and have used lots of scraps from my stash too!
Alison xx

Gem's Crafts said...

Your LO is lovely, and how lovely to have a regular meeting to scrapbook with your friends :)

Love your blog header too - did you design it yourself? And is it easy to do???