Monday, November 15, 2010

Whimsy

I had tons of fun at my Git 'em Done crop last weekend! My focus for these crops is to complete fast and fun pages with Close To My Heart's Level 1 kits. Usually I grab some photos from one event and choose a new Level 1 kit to go with them...but this time around, my inspiration led me to an envelope that had been sitting in my photo box with the words "1-pagers for Level 1s or Reflections" written on it. I opened it to find a bunch of photos that I love but that are all unconnected to each other. Since I'd be working with miscellaneous photos from different times, I chose to cull pages from my stock of already opened Level 1 kits instead of trying to find a design/color scheme that would work for all of them.
It turned out to be a 'clean-up' night...orphaned photos put together with orphaned pages. What a great feeling of using my stash and getting photos done that have been hanging around for awhile!!
Here's my cutie-patootie boy! I love these photos and had such a fun time playing with this layout.
Chipboard, sparkles, and felt paired with the happy & bright colors of the page = contented crafter!!
I smile every time I look at this page - and isn't that what scrapbooking is all about, after all??

Here's a close-up of the crown. It's felt (as are the arrow and star) and I added sparkles...like I said before, SO fun!

No comments: