Friday, November 5, 2010

Mingle & Mix

So here's the second of two projects I made that were inspired by projects in the Autumn/Winter Idea Book using the Mix & mingle mini album. It is a fall decor item and you can see their sample on page 38.


Here's mine:
I loved that the sample in the idea book used stamps to create 3 different B & T (background & texture) papers for the olive segments. I want to add stamped leaves and acorns, but I'm going to wait to do that until after a craft show I have this weekend. I've found that I get better results with simpler products.


And now for the bonus! I turned it around and made a Christmas themed side on the back! This was inspired by another CTMH consultant named Annette Green - I thought it was a fabulous idea!

I created this side with the same ideas...made my own B&T paper with stamped images. I changed up the embellishments on the letters from twine to sparkles (much more holiday) and it helps bring in a little more red. As with the other side, if I keep this or give it for a gift, I will add some more stamped images to personalize it a bit more.



Workshop anyone?

No comments: