Saturday, October 16, 2010

Stamp It!

Tresa Black over at Fabulously Artsy is having a Linky Party this week that celebrates nothing less than...the stamp!

I thought it would be fun to share a simple idea for thinking 'off the paper'...


I picked up a business card holder recently because I seem to have an ever-multiplying collection of these tiny (but important!) pieces of paper. Seriously, these little things are really not a good size for filing! Hence, the organizer...


But, I took one look at it and thought: boring. What to do? What to do?


Enter: the stamp!

I pulled out a couple fun sets, Adorning Corners and Floral Delights, and my Staz-On ink pad, and in less than 5 minutes, I had myself a cute, original business card holder. I stuck with super simple on the design front because I was just looking to add a little spice to a heavily used day-to-day item. You could totally go to town with this though - your imagination is the limit!

I love Staz-On! It's great for anything like this that has a smooth, slippery surface; glass, metal, leather, plastic...you name it. Use it to re-purpose home decor items for gifts - super budget friendly! I love to make treat jars out of empty scented candles. Just stamp a design on the outside and you have a pretty container (that smells good too!!)

Try it yourself sometime!

Now, hop on the linky party and check out all the other fabulous stamping techniques!

No comments: