Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Restarting the Engine

Here's a moment of honesty for you:
Sleep deprivation really drains my creativity.

I want (as I think most of us do) to believe that I can really keep up the 'normal' standards of my day-to-day life kinda no matter what rolls down the pike. So, here I must admit:

I can't

September was a season of unusual sleeplessness - even taking into account the reduced sleep hours due to the infant in the house. For awhile there I wasn't feeling very creative (gasp!) There just wasn't much room in my brain for anything other than figuring out how to get from one hour of each day to the next.

So, it's with some relief that I was able to get some mojo back and start the creative juices flowing again last weekend. (Even if they are flowing more the speed of a meandering stream than a rushing river...)

One of the things that helps me most when I'm attempting to rev up again is to find something inspiring that I love and want to create. This time around, I visited the lovely blog of a sister consultant, Tracey Mason. Pop over to her blog, Crafting in Vacationland, and give her some love. I guarantee you'll find something beautiful and inspiring.

Tracey made this adorable Halloween layout with a googly-eyed mummy that I instantly loved and wanted to make.

Here's what I made:

I used the CTMH Hooligans Workshop On The Go kit and, now that I'm inspired again, I hope to create another layout using the adorable monsters on the included MyAcrylix stamp set.
Ahhh, feels good to get the mojo back! I've done a few more fun projects this past week... stay tuned for more fun artwork!

No comments: