Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday's Favorites: 6x6s + Level 1 kits!

Spoiler alert!! Karma - if you want your birthday present to be a surprise, don't read this post.


Ok, now that I got that out of the way...
My featured fave this Friday is our 6x6 My Creations Memory Showcase mini-albums. Pair them with a level 1 kit of your choosing and you have the materials for fast, easy, and gorgeous gifts for any and everyone in your life!
As you can tell by the spoiler alert above, I recently made these for my mom and mother-in-law. One of the fantastic things about using these two products together is that each Level 1 kit makes 2 mini-albums. It's perfect!! I cut the 4 pre-printed layout papers into 6x6 squares so I end up with 16 squares - just enough to cover the 8 sides of each album. Then I use the B&T papers and cardstock included in the kit to mat photos and/or create stamped artwork. Add photos, then embellish with the My Stickease included in the kit, and finish up with a few extra treats like brads, sparkles, and ribbon for a little eye-candy.
For the gifts for my moms, I used the Perfect Day Level 1 kit and I added the extra My Stickease as well. I thought that the sorbet color in the kit complimented my newborn's skin tone and we had lots of red shirts in the photos so the tulip worked out perfectly as well! The base color of juniper lends a cool colored base to set off these warmer colors and create a serene & happy new-baby atmosphere. I am very pleased with the way they turned out!




These little albums are absolutely one of my favorite projects - both for gifts and for small keepsakes for myself. They have just enough space to capture special memories from one event and you can display them as an album or stand them upright on a desk or counter and see both sides. When the photos are no longer current, they can be tucked away and a new one proudly displayed in its place. It's a fast, easy, and fun way to keep my family supplied with updated photos of my kiddos.
Try it yourself sometime...anyone can do this! Yes, even if you've never scrapbooked before, you can do this. These are so popular that I often teach workshops on them. If you are interested in hands-on instruction, let me know! Happy scrapping to all.

No comments: