Monday, January 25, 2010

Glitter for Grown-ups

So, I'm working on finishing up my son's baby book...yeah, yeah, I know he's three! But, in my defense, I nearly finished it a year ago and haven't worked on it since then. I only had three pages left and I'm going on a scrapbooking retreat this weekend. So I figured that if I finished that book now, I would #1 not have it hanging over my head anymore...and #2, get the creative mojo flowing before I get there this weekend. That way I'll already be in the groove!

Here's the page I worked on this weekend! I LOVE it!

I don't know if you can tell, but I completely glittered the chipboard swirlys in the lower right corner!! I love glittering-it makes me feel like a kid again. Glue, glitter...MESS! Ha! Ha! You should see my dining room carpet. It's like fairies visited in the night. Then, inevitably, I have glitter on my clothes, hands, and face for the rest of the day and my husband gets a funny little lovey smile on his face every time he spots a stray sparkle on my eyebrow...
You probably can't really tell this in the photo either, but I put Liquid Glass on the 9. A friend told me that the Liquid Glass worked really well on Outdoor Denim ink so I've been looking out for an opportunity to try it. She was right...it turned out awesome! I started with a plain white chipboard number 9, inked it with Outdoor Denim ink, then slathered the entire thing in Liquid Glass. It came out shiny and beautiful!
I love this page! ...and now I'm that much closer to being DONE! Woot!!

No comments: