Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Themed Acrylic Album Workshop

Close To My Heart's fun Acrylic Mini-Album is retiring at the end of this year. As a fond farewell and 'last hurrah', I've designed a summer themed acrylic album for my August workshop. I really had a blast doing this album!

Using the acrylic album is such a fun creative and intellectual challenge. Because the pages are clear, it offers lots of opportunities for fun creative techniques and what I like to call stacking pages...where the pages below are an important part of the pages above-adding a complimentary border or an embellishment that is mounted on one page but shows through to accent another page as well. This is why these albums are also an intellectual challenge. I had to figure out what I wanted to show through and what I didn't; I had to make sure all my paper was specifically measured and lined up; and I had to strategically place my adhesive. All in all a refreshing challenge and tons of creative fun!!
I chose the Caboodle paper because the colors can compliment both the energy and the relaxation of summer. I love using rub-ons with acrylic albums because of the way they show through and decorate both sides of the page so of course I had to pull some out to use on this album! I chose the All-Out Adventure Rub-ons which have lots of fun images and sentiments that work well with summer adventures. And to top it off - like jimmies on a Kohr Bros cone - I added the Tiny Tabs which were designed to coordinate perfectly with the Caboodle paper pack. If you'd like to come and make this fabulous album with us, my workshop sessions are Aug 27th or 28th. Visit my website to find my contact info.

No comments: